COLORADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM
Guidelines for Advertising
EFFECTIVE: June, 1993
REVISED: February 21, 1994, July 1, 1997
RETITLED: September 14, 2000
RETITLED: August 25, 2001
REVISED: May 22, 2002
REFERENCE: Advertising contracts, BP 8-60
/ Joe D. May /
S/ Joe D. May
This procedure applies to central office and the state system community colleges.
- Broadcast of (radio/TV) ads should be limited to service/informational spots for community colleges.
- Informational inserts and schedules may be distributed in service area through newspapers and/or bulk mailing whichever is more cost efficient.
- Public service announcements are encouraged and should/will be explored.
- Individual community colleges are encouraged to use cable and community TV.
- Community colleges may purchase newspaper ads for specific program announcements, registration, etc. (law enforcement, victim assistance, etc.).
- Discretion should always be used in deciding content of advertising. Informational materials are encouraged. Comparison/directly competitive copy is discouraged.
- Consortium advertising, such as Metro or Southern community colleges, is highly recommended and should be explored for reasons of cost efficiencies and impact.