COLORADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM SYSTEM PRESIDENT’S PROCEDURE
EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES FOR INSTRUCTORS
EFFECTIVE: December 15, 1995
RETITLED: September 14, 2000
RETITLED: August 25, 2001
REFERENCE: Board Policy BP 3-1O
/ Dorothy A. Horrell /
S/ Dorothy A. Horrell, System President
This procedure applies to the employment of instructors in state system community colleges.
The Board requires that each college establish employment practices for instructors in the following areas:
- Recruitment and selection procedures for the employment of instructors to include provisions for evaluation of credentials and personal interviews prior to hiring;
- A professional development program for instructors which shall include an orientation meeting for all new instructors as well as related staff development opportunities on a continuing basis;
- Individual instructor performance evaluations on a regular basis which shall include, at a minimum, student evaluation and classroom observation;
- Appropriate workload guidelines for instructors; and
- Appropriate employee records/files for instructors.