Statewide Transfer Articulation Agreements/Degrees with Designation

To help you avoid taking unnecessary courses and earn your degree in as little time as possible, Colorado has developed a general education curriculum that forms the core of most bachelor’s degrees and is guaranteed to transfer between all public colleges and universities. Colorado has also developed guided degree pathways to eliminate the guesswork of which courses to take. You should always seek advising from the appropriate advisor at the college or university you plan to attend to ensure you are selecting the appropriate coursework for your degree and to ensure its transferability.

A Statewide Transfer Articulation Agreement is an agreement among Colorado community colleges and universities. These agreements allow you to graduate from a community college with a 60-credit Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree with designation, such as an Associate of Arts in Business; enroll with junior status at a university; and complete the bachelor’s degree in no more than an additional 60 credits (for a total of 120 credits). If you attend full-time (15 credits per semester) and follow the structured schedule, you can complete your bachelor’s degree in 4 years.

The AA or AS degree will transfer to Colorado public four-year colleges’ and universities’ liberal arts and sciences degrees if you:

  • Complete your AA or AS degree including 35 credits of state-guaranteed general education courses, and
  • Earn a C grade or better in each course.

At least 60 hours of your AA/AS degree will transfer completely, upon admission, to a baccalaureate Liberal Arts and Sciences major in Colorado’s public four-year institutions *, and you are guaranteed to be able to finish your liberal arts and sciences baccalaureate degree in just another 60 hours.

* See your transfer advisor as soon as possible for a list of applicable degrees. Special articulation agreements exist for Teacher Education, Business and Engineering that specify which lower-division credits you need. Certain majors require essential lower-division prerequisites. Please see your advisor for information about obtaining a transfer guide to help you select lower-division credits that will help you finish a baccalaureate degree.