Transfer Agreements


The Colorado Department of Higher Education has negotiated Articulation and Transfer Agreements to facilitate the transfer of credits earned at Colorado Community Colleges to bachelor degree completion programs at all public colleges and universities. These agreements list specific policies, conditions and guidelines to assist with your transfer. The agreements also provide the curriculum pathway for Colorado Community College students who complete an Associate Degree to enter a specific college and major at the junior level, and lessen the time to degree.

The agreements specify the courses taught at Colorado Community Colleges that a four-year upper division college or university will accept. Because institutions independently determine the requirements for their programs, articulation agreements differ from program to program and from college to college. After meeting the academic standards set forth in the agreement, students can apply to the bachelor’s program of choice.

Articulation agreements for transfer to a college or university help ensure that you won’t have to retake successfully completed courses or earn additional credits to enter as a junior, unless you change your major or degree program.

Statewide Transfer of AA or AS Degrees

The AA or AS degree will transfer to Colorado public four-year colleges’ and universities’ liberal arts and sciences degrees if you:

  • Complete your AA or AS degree including 35 credits of state-guaranteed general education courses, and
  • Earn a C grade or better in each course.

At least 60 hours of your AA/AS degree will transfer completely, upon admission, to a baccalaureate Liberal Arts and Sciences major in Colorado’s public four-year institutions *, and you are guaranteed to be able to finish your liberal arts and sciences baccalaureate degree in just another 60 hours.

* See your transfer advisor as soon as possible for a list of applicable degrees. Special articulation agreements exist for Teacher Education, Business and Engineering that specify which lower-division credits you need. Certain majors require essential lower-division prerequisites. Please see your advisor for information about obtaining a transfer guide to help you select lower-division credits that will help you finish a baccalaureate degree.