Colorado Community College Common Courses
The Colorado Community College Common Courses (Common Course Numbering System - CCCNS) has been developed to facilitate ease of transfer for community college students from one community college to the other and from the community college to the four-year educational institutions, to improve program planning, to increase communication among all of the colleges, and to facilitate articulation arrangements from high schools to the community colleges. The scope includes all courses offered for credit at the community colleges, and the structure is content specific rather than program, department or discipline specific. The goal of the CCCNS is to establish consistency in course offerings across the system.
By its design the Colorado Community College Common Courses will -
- Ensure that students who transfer from one public community college to another can successfully complete their degree or program without duplicating course work, causing extended time commitments and increased time.
- Provide a framework for faculty in each subject area to collaborate on course quality and consistency.
- Establish a system-wide inventory of all credit courses offered at Colorado community colleges.
- Facilitate transferability to four-year institutions.
- Facilitate a system for statewide articulation agreements.
For every course listed in the system the following information is included -
- Prefix and Number
- Credit Hours
- Course Description
- Recommended Prerequisites and Corequisites
- List of colleges offering the course